Friday 26 April 2013

It is a Fifty-Fifty deal..Buddy..!!!





"Thaan Paathee Daivam Paathee..."

This is a proverb in Malayalam..(My mother tongue..)
I am afraid to translate it to English... it may loose its seriousness.. I can't take a chance..

Yes dear... It is a damnnn serious one.. though the meaning is simple..



"you do the first half; God will do the rest"....

How many time we say or we hear this?

"I leave everything to God..I have been praying quite a long... I am sure He will hear me one day...I am ready to wait..." Could be for a better job..for a compatible partner, for healing an ailment..etc.,


Whenever I hear (or say) I remember this proverb..!!! It makes me uncomfortable ...!


These questions come to mind.. started discussing this proverb with others who, I believe, are more wiser..

  • Is it not a fact that we simply pass the buck to God and wait for the result?
  • Is it not an excuse for not doing things at our end??
Well..I think so....you are free to differ.

My view: one should attempt his/her fifty percent, before asking the noble Help..


How do we measure the fifty percent...?? well..Let it be decided by God..

Next time.. if no answer to your prayers..!! 

please do an 'internal audit'.. am I done my half?? 
At least, you can claim in silent prayers that I am done my fifty percent..now its your turn..!!!

Let us keep life simple...lets have a smile in our prayers...


With Love

Rafeeque

1 comment:

  1. i do agree to ur views but partly...... ! i would rather go a step a head and quote hitler on this " i have faith in god untill my gun powder is dry" . by quoting this iam not saying
    that i dont have trust or beleif in god. with this i beleive .... i have set the stage for for next episode ....

    ReplyDelete